(CENTRAL HURON, ON) – Members of the Huron County Detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Perth County (OPP), and Stratford Police Service have located and arrested wanted person Karley FRAYER.
The Huron OPP Crime Unit, under the direction of the OPP Criminal Investigation Branch (CIB) continues to investigate an incident which occurred on Wednesday October 18, 2023, when OPP officers interacted with two individuals.
One individual was arrested soon after the incident. They have been formally charged and remain in custody.
A second person had remained at large since the incident occurred. On November 22, 2023, this individual was located in the City of Stratford and was taken into custody without incident with the assistance of Stratford Police Service.
Karley FRAYER, 34-years old of Huron East, is charged with the following Criminal Code (CC) offences:
· Attempt to Commit Murder – section 239(1)
· Dangerous Operation – section 320.13
· Operation while Prohibited – section 320.18.
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Over $5,000 – section 355 (a)
· Possession of Property Obtained by Crime Under $5,000 – section 355 (b) – two counts.
· Possession of a Schedule II Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – section 5(2) CDSA
· Failure to Stop after Accident – section 320.16(1)
· Possession of Identity Document – section 56.1 – two counts.
· Theft Under $5000 Shoplifting – section 334(b)
The accused is being held for a bail hearing before the Ontario Court of Justice in Goderich.
The Special Investigations Unit (SIU) continues to conduct a parallel investigation into the incident.
Anyone with information regarding this incident should contact the Huron OPP immediately at 1-888-310-1122 or (519) 482-1677.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a secure web tip at Crime Stoppers Ontario, where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.