(PERTH COUNTY, ON) – As a result of an ongoing drug trafficking investigation in Perth, Huron, and Wellington Counties, one person has been arrested, and a search warrant was executed in the City of Kitchener.
On June 1, 2023, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Huron-Perth Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU), with the assistance of the Elgin-Middlesex CSCU, Grey-Bruce CSCU, Wellington CSCU, Wellington OPP, Central Region Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), and the West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), executed a search warrant at a residence on Fernwood Place, Kitchener.
Police seized suspected methamphetamine, fentanyl, and cocaine, along with two firearms, drug trafficking paraphernalia, brass knuckles, gold, and cash, with a total estimated value of approximately $300,000.
Adam LINSEMAN, 39, of Kitchener, is charged with:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Methamphetamine (two counts)
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking- Fentanyl (two counts)
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Possession of Firearm or Ammunition contrary to Prohibition Order (nine counts)
· Unauthorized Possession of a Firearm
· Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
· Careless Storage of a Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
“This investigation will certainly have a positive impact on public safety. The OPP continues to take appropriate enforcement action to ensure our communities are safe. We appreciate the work of all the assisting units in bringing this investigation to a successful conclusion.” -A/Inspector Dave Sinko, Interim Detachment Commander, Perth County OPP