(TOWNSHIP OF GUELPH-ERAMOSA, ON) – On January 7, 2021, at approximately 11:00 p.m. the Wellington County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of a motor vehicle collision involving three vehicles on Wellington Road 124 at Wellington Road 32 in the Township of Guelph-Eramosa.
While speaking with the one of the drivers, police determined that their ability to operate a motor vehicle was impaired by alcohol. The driver was placed under arrest and transported to a local OPP Operation Centre for further testing.
Paul Anthony MAZZA, 44-years-old of Guelph has been charged with;
- Operation While Impaired – 80 Plus contrary to the Criminal Code.
- Operation While Impaired-alcohol or drugs contrary to the Criminal Code.
- Failing to Comply with Probation Order contrary to the Criminal Code.
- Drive Motor Vehicle-No Licence contrary to the Highway Traffic Act.
- Driving Motor Vehicle with Open Container of Liquor-contrary to the Liquor Licence Act
A 90-day Administrative Driver’s Licence Suspension (A.D.L.S.) and 7-day Vehicle Impoundment was initiated as per statute. The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario court of justice – Guelph on January 29, 2021 to answer to the charges.
If you suspect someone is driving while their ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired, either by drug or alcohol, call police at 911 to report it.