(OXFORD COUNTY, ON) – In October 2021, the Oxford detachment of the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Community Street Crime Unit (CSCU) assisted by OPP Repeat Offender Parole Enforcement (ROPE) began a Controlled Drug and Substance Act (CDSA) investigation.
On December 2, 2021, with the assistance of other West Region CSCU members and the OPP Tactics and Rescue Unit (TRU), two individuals were arrested.
Three CDSA search warrants were executed at residential addresses in the City of London, Middlesex County and Tillsonburg.
A quantity of suspected fentanyl, methamphetamine, cocaine, LSD, MDMA, Canadian currency and a replica handgun were seized.
The value of the items seized was just under $9000.
As a result, 33-year-old Matthew BRADSHAW of London was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Firearm or Ammunition Contrary to Prohibition Order
- Possession of Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking x 5
- Failure to Comply with Release Order x 7
33-year-old Tasha MCKAY of London was charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Schedule I Substance x 3
- Possession of Schedule III Substance
Both of the accused are scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Woodstock on a later date.