(NORFOLK COUNTY, ON) – On Monday, December 13, 2021, the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), Norfolk County Detachment stopped a vehicle at an Old Highway 24, Townsend, Norfolk County address.
It was determined that police were conducting a R.I.D.E program (Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere) in the area of Norfolk Street North and Davis Street when officers noticed a vehicle that avoided the R.I.D.E program.
The vehicle was subsequently stopped and investigated. As a result, police charged 20-year-old Cleveland DOOLITTLE of Six Nations of The Grand River First Nation with the following offences:
- Operation while impaired- alcohol and drugs,
- Operation while impaired- blood alcohol concentration 80 plus,
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor,
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence, and
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice located in Simcoe at a later date.