(SOUTHGATE, ON) On January 8, 2020 at 5:47 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were dispatched to a theft of a motor vehicle from a residence on Main Street East in the Town of Dundalk, in the Township of Southgate.
The suspect was later involved in a gas theft from a local gas station. The suspect later abandoned this vehicle and stole another motor vehicle from a residence in Markdale. The vehicle eventually got stuck in the snow on a no winter maintenance roadway and officers arrested the driver without further incident.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Kenneth MCCOOL, 30 years-of-age, from Wellington North, ON with the following offences:
- Theft of a motor vehicle, section 333.1 Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Theft under $5,000., section 334(b) CCC
- Possession of property obtained by crime – over $5,000., section 355(a) CCC
- Operation of a motor vehicle while prohibited, section 320.18(1)(a) CCC
- Failure to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) CCC
- Failure to comply with Release Order, section 145(5)(a) CCC
The accused has a bail hearing in the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on January 11, 2021.