(LAKESHORE, ON) – On September 10, 2023, at 5:59 a.m., members of the Lakeshore Detachment Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of a single vehicle in the ditch in the 11000 block of County Road 46, Municipality of Lakeshore.
Investigation revealed the driver was in violation of a previous court order. The driver was arrested and transported to the Lakeshore OPP detachment.
Further Investigation revealed a large quantity of illicit drugs within the vehicle, including suspected cocaine, heroin, and methamphetamine, with an estimated street value of $120,000.00.
As a result, Jason Tyler GOUGH, a 37-year-old of Wallaceburg, has been charged under the Criminal Code and the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act with:
· Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court S.145(5)(a) CC (Three counts)
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine S.5(2) CDSA
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine S.5(2) CDSA
· Possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Heroin S.5(2) CDSA
· Possession of a prohibited device or ammunition S.92(2) CC
The accused is scheduled to appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Windsor at a later date.
Essex County OPP wants to remind the public that if you see anything suspicious you should contact the Ontario Provincial Police or your nearest police authority immediately.
The OPP can be reached anywhere in the Province of Ontario at 1-888-310-1122.
If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) where you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.