(MIDDLESEX CENTRE, ON) – On August 18, 2023, at 6:41 a.m., members of the Middlesex County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), were dispatched to the intersection of Highbury Avenue and Medway Road in Middlesex Centre, for the report of a three-vehicle collision.
The driver of one of the vehicles collided with a vehicle within the intersection, then proceeded to strike another vehicle passing through. The driver then fled the scene after their vehicle collided with a house and came to a stop.
Multiple officers attended the area. After a brief search, police located the individual in a nearby bean field at which time the driver was arrested.
The accused was found to be in possession of approximately $6,000 worth of Fentanyl, Methamphetamine and Cocaine, as well as $110 in Canadian currency.
A passerby attempted to follow the individual, however stopped after being threatened by the accused.
One involved driver was transported to hospital with minor injuries.
There was no structural damage reported to the house.
As a result, Vincent TOLTON, a 54-year-old of Seaforth, has been charged under the Criminal Code, the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act and the Highway Traffic with:
· Uttering Threats – Cause death or Bodily Harm
· Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court
· Poss of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking-Opioid (other than heroin)
· Poss of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
· Poss of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Driving while under suspension
· Fail to remain
The accused was held for a bail hearing.
The Middlesex OPP wants to remind the public that if you see anything suspicious or you should contact the Ontario Provincial Police or your nearest police authority immediately.
The OPP can be reached anywhere in the Province of Ontario at 1-888-310-1122.