(WEST PERTH, ON) – One person was arrested and charged Sunday for being impaired and in possession of a stolen vehicle, after a tip from the public.
On July 24, 2022, just after 9:00 a.m., the Perth County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) received a report of a possible impaired driver in a vehicle at a business on Ontario Road, in the Municipality of West Perth.
When police arrived on scene, the driver was showing signs of impairment and was arrested. During the investigation, the accused was found to have just stolen a vehicle and was in possession of other stolen property and drugs.
Tyler RICHARDSON, 30, of Stratford, has been charged with:
– Operation while Impaired – Alcohol and Drugs
– Possession of Property Obtained by Crime
– Possession of a Credit Card
– Failure to Comply with Release Order
– Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
– Theft of Motor Vehicle
– Failure to Comply with Probation Order
– Possession of a Schedule I Substance
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.