(GRAND BEND, ON) – On May 11, 2023, at 7:30 p.m., members of the Lambton County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were contacted regarding an altercation that was taking place at a residence on Ontario Street North.
When officers arrived, one of the involved individuals approached wielding a knife toward the officers. Other officers attended from Lambton and Huron County and ensured the safety of the immediate area by blocking portions of the roadway and evacuating neighbouring homes, while de-escalation took place. The individual was taken into custody after the successful deployment of a conducted energy weapon (‘Taser’).
Cameron WALSH, 28-years-old of North Middlesex, has been charged with the following:
- Assault a peace officer,
- Possession of a weapon for dangerous purpose,
- Uttering threats to cause death,
- Failure to comply with probation (three counts),
- Failure to comply with undertaking (three counts),
- Possession of a prohibited device and,
- Possession of a weapon contrary to prohibition order.
The accused has been held in custody following a bail hearing on May 12, 2023.