(GEORGIAN BLUFFS, ON) – On October 24, 2023, at 12:30 a.m., members of the Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) were performing a Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) Program on Highway 21 in Georgian Bluffs.
A vehicle entered the RIDE program at which time a traffic stop was initiated.
The driver of the vehicle was placed under arrest and was found to be in possession of cocaine and a prohibited edged weapon. The driver was also a prohibited driver.
As a result, Barbara SCHEUERMAN a 48-year-old of Owen Sound was charged with the following:
· Prohibited weapon: Unauthorized possession
· Prohibited weapon: Possession contrary to prohibition order
· Possession of a controlled substance – Schedule 1 – Cocaine
· Operation while prohibited
· Driving while under suspension
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on November 23, 2023.