(OWEN SOUND, ON) – On May 31, 2023, the Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police received reports of a possible location for a person with multiple outstanding warrants. The Grey Bruce OPP, with the assistance of the Owen Sound Police Service, located the person and placed them under arrest. A quantity of suspected fentanyl, cocaine and methamphetamine, drug trafficking paraphernalia, an imitation handgun, a stun gun, brass knuckles, and a quantity of Canadian currency were located on the individual.
As a result of the investigation, Darren Gregory KENNAWAY, 42-years-old of Meaford has been charged with the following:
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Cocaine
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Methamphetamine
· Possession of a Schedule I Substance for the Purpose of Trafficking – Fentanyl
· Fail to Comply with Probation Order
· Failure to Comply with Release Order – three counts
· Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose – three counts
· Unauthorized Possession of Weapon – two counts
The accused was held pending a bail hearing.