(SOUTH BRUCE PENINSULA, ON) On December 30, 2021 at approximately 11:45 p.m., Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a report of an individual entering vehicles on John Street, in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
Officers arrived in the area, and an observant member of the public provided an updated location. The suspect was located at a business on Berford Street, where they then tried to flee from police but were arrested a short time after.
Grey Bruce OPP have arrested and charged Matthew NICKELS, 19 years-of-age, from South Bruce Peninsula with the following offences:
· Assault with intent to resist arrest
· Obstruct a peace officer
· Possession of break in instruments
· Possession of a schedule 1 substance
· Possession of property obtained by crime under $5000
· Trespassing at night
· 3 counts of Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on December 31, 2021.