(NORFOLK COUNTY, ON) – On Saturday, July 10, 2021, at approximately 8:59 a.m., the Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Norfolk County Detachment received a report of a stolen vehicle at a Blueline Road, Woodhouse, Norfolk County address.
Officers attended the area and subsequently located the vehicle which failed to stop for officers. A spike belt was utilized in order to safely stop the vehicle when the driver fled from the area on Haldimand Road 20 located in Haldimand County. OPP Canine Services and Emergency Response Team members attended and subsequently located the driver and took them into custody without incident.
As a result, police charged 19-year-old Andrew John VELDHUIS of Mount Hope, Ontario with the following offences;
- Dangerous operation (two counts),
- Operation while impaired – alcohol and drugs,
- Operation while prohibited under the Criminal Code,
- Flight from peace officer,
- Possession property obtained by crime over $5,000,
- Mischief – destroys or damages property,
- Fail to comply with probation order (two counts),
- Driving while under suspension.
The accused is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice, Simcoe at a later date.