(OXFORD COUNTY, ON) – On June 8, 2021, at approximately 12:05 a.m., the Oxford County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) arrested a 40-year-old on Rivers Road, South-West Oxford Township.
Investigation determined that while on patrol, the officer observed a parked vehicle with headlights on and the engine running at that location.
Upon approaching the vehicle, several weapons were observed around the driver.
As a result of the investigation, Ryan DONA, 40-years-of-age from Woodstock was arrested and charged with the following offences:
- Possession of Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Unauthorized Possession of a Prohibited or Restricted Firearm
- Unauthorized Possession of a Weapon
- Knowledge of Unauthorized Possession of Firearm
- Occupant of Motor Vehicle Knowing There was Prohibited or Restricted Weapon
- Transport Firearm, Weapon, Prohibited Device or Ammunition in a Careless Manner
- Failure to Comply with Undertaking
The accused was held in custody and will appear before the Ontario Court of Justice in Woodstock today for a bail hearing.