(NORTHERN BRUCE PENINSULA, ON) – On June 8, 2021 at approximately 3:15 a.m., Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to report of a suspicious person on West Road, in the Municipality of Northern Bruce Peninsula.
A traffic stop was conducted and the driver was arrested and transported to the Grey Bruce OPP detachment, where further tests were administered.
Grey Bruce OPP have charged Nicholas POWER, 24 years-of-age, from Northern Bruce Peninsula, Ontario with the following offences:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol and drugs
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus)
- Novice Driver – B.A.C above zero
- Class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver
- Novice driver fail to surrender licence
The accused’s driver’s licence was suspended for 90 days and the vehicle they were operating was towed and will be impounded for seven days.
The accused must attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on July 22, 2021.