(HALDIMAND COUNTY, ON) – The Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Haldimand County Detachment has charged a 22-year-old individual with multiple offences following an investigation in Caledonia.
On June 6, 2021, the OPP Child Sexual Exploitation Unit and the OPP Haldimand County Crime Unit received a report of a sexual assault and began an investigation. Further inquiry determined there was an additional victim.
The investigation revealed an individual had engaged in sexually explicit conversations on social media with two young females under the age of 16 years. The individual then met with the victims on separate occasions and sexually assaulted them.
Mitchell MARTINS, 22-years old of no fixed address, is charged with the following offences:
- Sexual assault on a person under 16 years of age (three counts)
- Sexual interference (three counts)
- Invitation to sexual touching under 16 years of age (four counts)
- Luring a person under 16 years of age by means of telecommunication (three counts)
- Communicate with anyone under 18 years of age for the purpose of obtaining sexual services (three counts)
- Make sexually explicit material available to a person under 18 years of age (two counts)
- Possession of Child Pornography
- Makes, prints, publishes or possess for the purpose of publication any child pornography
- Imports, distributes, sells, or possess for the purpose of distribution or sale any child pornography
The accused was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Cayuga.