(MIDDLESEX, ON) – Over the course of the weekend, members of the Middlesex County, Ontario Provincial Police (OPP), were busy doing their part to keep our communities safe.
(London, ON) – TRAFFIC STOP FOR STUNT RESULTS IN IMPAIRED CHARGE
On May 9, 2021 at 3:05 a.m., while travelling through the City of London, Middlesex OPP performed a traffic stop for stunt driving on Fanshawe Park Rd. E., at Highbury Avenue.
As a result, Liam HALLET, a 30-year-old of London, has been charged with:
- Operation while impaired – blood alcohol concentration (80 plus), section 320.14(1)(b) of the Criminal Code of Canada
- Novice driver – B.A.C. above zero, section 44.1(3) of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Race a motor vehicle – Excessive Speed, section 172(1) of the Highway traffic Act
- Driver fail to surrender licence, section 33(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Use plate not authorized for vehicle, section 1291)(d) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Disobey lane light – motorist, section 144(10)(b) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Class G1 licence holder – unaccompanied by qualified driver, OReg 340/94 5(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Drive vehicle or boat with cannabis readily available, section 12(1) of the Cannabis Control Act
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance, section 2(1)(a) of the Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused has been released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on July 13, 2021 to speak to the charges.
(Adelaide-Metcalfe) – TRAFFIC STOP RESULTS IN MULTIPLE CHARGES
On May 9, 2021 at 8:47 a.m., members of the Middlesex County Ontario Provincial Police were performing traffic enforcement, for speed reduction, on Highway 402, Adelaide-Metcalfe Township.
As a result of the initiative, a driver was stopped for speeding.
Suvaughn BROWN, a 28-year-old of Toronto was charged with:
- Personation with intent to avoid arrest, prosecution or obstruct justice (Identity fraud), section 403(1)(d) of the Criminal Code of Canada.
- Driving while under suspension, section 53(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
- Speeding 1 – 49 Km/h over posted limit, Section 128 of the Highway Traffic Act.
- Driver Fail to Surrender Licence, section 33(1) of the Highway Traffic Act
The accused has been released from police custody and is scheduled to appear in the Ontario Court of Justice on June 21, 2021 to speak to the charges.
(Middlesex Centre) – THEFT OF CATALYTIC CONVERTORS FROM BUSINESS
On May 7, 2021, at 2:39 p.m., members of the Middlesex County Ontario Provincial Police were dispatched to a business on Gainsborough Road, Middlesex Centre Township, for the report of thefts of Catalytic Convertors from trailers, stored on the property. The investigation is ongoing.
The Middlesex OPP wants to remind the public that if you see anything suspicious or suspect an impaired driver you should contact the Ontario Provincial Police or your nearest police authority immediately.
The OPP can be reached anytime, anywhere in the Province of Ontario at 1-888-310-1122. If you wish to remain anonymous you can contact Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS) where you may be eligible for a cash reward of up to $2000.