(MEAFORD, ON) – On May 11, 2022, the Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Community Street Crimes Unit (CSCU) with the assistance of the Wellington County CSCU, Huron Perth CSCU and OPP West Region Emergency Response Team (ERT), executed a search warrant on a property located in the Municipality of Meaford.
As a result of the investigation, the Grey Bruce OPP have arrested and charged Amanda ARMITAGE, 43 years-old, from the Municipality of Meaford with the following offences:
· Possession of a Schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
· Unauthorized Possession of a weapon
The Grey Bruce OPP have also arrested and charged Quinton ARMITAGE, 18-years-old, from the Municipality of Meaford with the following offences:
· Possession of a schedule 1 substance for the purpose of trafficking
· Possessing cannabis for the purpose of selling
· Possession for the purpose of distributing
A search of the property resulted in the seizure of suspected controlled substances, offence related property, and a weapon. The approximate value of the seized property is $32,437
Both accused individuals were released and will appear in the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound at a later date.