(GREY HIGHLANDS, ON) – On May 29th, 2021 at 6:50 p.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a single motor vehicle collision on Grey Road 2, near the Village of Maxwell, in the Municipality of Grey Highlands.
OPP officers attended the scene and arrested the vehicle driver for impaired driving after they failed a roadside screening device. A breath test recorded readings over the legal limit of 80 milligrams (mgs) of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Ron HAMILTON, 40 years-of-age, from Dundalk with the following offences:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol, section 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Operation while impaired with blood alcohol concentration 80 mgs or more, section 320.14(1)(b) CCC
- Failure to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) CCC
- Drive vehicle with Cannabis readily available, section 12(1) Cannabis Control Act
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor, section 32(1) Liquor Licence Act
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence, section 32(1) Highway Traffic Act
The accused’s driver’s licence is suspended for 90 days and the vehicle they were operating was towed and will be impounded for seven days.
The accused must attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on July 15, 2021.