(CHESLEY, ON) – On November 17, 2021, shortly after 5:00 a.m., South Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers on foot patrol along 4th Street south west in Chesley saw an individual run into an alleyway.
They were arrested without incident after a brief foot chase. As a result of the investigation, officers determined that the individual was wanted.
Dale SOUTHARD, 35-years-old, of Huron-Kinloss was charged with:
- 2 counts of Break and Enter
- 3 counts of Possessing Property Obtained by Crime over $5,000
- 3 counts of Possessing Property Obtained by Crime under $5,000
- Theft over $5,000
- Mischief under $5,000
- Unauthorized possess of a weapon
- Possessing a firearm or ammunition while prohibited
- 3 counts of Driving while Prohibited
- 5 counts of Driving while Suspended
- 3 counts of Use Unauthorized License Plate
- 2 counts of Use Defaced License Plate
- Confuse Identity of License Plate
- 2 counts of Use Defaced Validation
- 3 counts of Drive with No Insurance
- Fail to wear Helmet – Off Road Vehicle
The accused was held in custody pending the results of a bail hearing scheduled for November 18, 2021.