(NORTH PERTH, ON) – Another driver charged with an impaired related offence in the Municipality of North Perth.
On November 8, 2022, at approximately 1:22 a.m., a Perth County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officer was on general patrol when they observed a vehicle to have difficulty maintaining it’s lane and speeds were below the speed limit.
During the investigation, it became apparent the driver had consumed an alcoholic beverage. The driver was arrested and transported to a local operations centre for further testing.
Casey DOWHAN, 22, of Windsor, has been charged with:
– Operation while Impaired – Blood Alcohol Concentration (80 plus)
– Failure to comply with release order – other than to attend court
– Use plate not authorized for vehicle
– Driving motor vehicle with liquor readily available
– Driver while under suspension
A 90-day Administrative Driver’s License Suspension (A.D.L.S.) and a 7-day Vehicle Impoundment was initiated as per statute.
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing.
If you suspect someone is driving while their ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired, either by drug or alcohol, call police at 911 to report it.