(PERTH EAST, ON) – On July 18, 2022, at approximately 11:00 p.m., Perth County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) officers were conducting a Reduce Impaired Driving Everywhere (RIDE) program on Road 145 in the Township of Perth East.
Upon speaking with a driver, the officer had reason to believe the driver was impaired. The officer conducted a Standard Field Sobriety Test (SFST) on the driver. The driver was arrested and transported to a local operations center for a Drug Recognition Evaluation.
As a result, Dennis SCHLUETER, 38, of Perth East has been charged with:
– Operation while Impaired – alcohol and drugs
– Possession of a Schedule III Substance
– Drive a motor vehicle, no plates
– Operate a motor vehicle with no insurance
– Drive motor vehicle – improper license
– Drive motor vehicle, no permit
– Class G1 license holder, drive unlawful hour
A 90-day Administrative Driver’s License Suspension (A.D.L.S.) and a 7-day Vehicle Impoundment was initiated as per statute. The accused is scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Stratford at a later date to answer to the charges.
If you suspect someone is driving while their ability to operate a motor vehicle is impaired, either by drug or alcohol, call police at 911 to report it.