(CENTRAL HURON, ON) – Two youths and three adults are facing assault and mischief charges following a recent investigation conducted by members of the Huron County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) Crime Unit.
On September 12, 2021, two teenaged victims attended a gathering on Maitland Block Road and were assaulted.
A vehicle parked nearby sustained extensive damage due to an act of vandalism.
As a result, Huron OPP have arrested and charged the following persons:
· Seth RILEY, 21-years-old from Huron East is facing charges of Assault & Mischief Over $5,000.
· Jesse RILEY, 19-years old from Huron East is facing charges of Assault, Mischief Over $5,000 and Fail to Comply with Undertaking
· Jeylin RILEY, 18-years-old from Central Huron is facing a charge of Mischief Over $5,000.
· A 17-year-old youth from Huron East is facing charges of Assault, Mischief Over $5,000 and Fail to Comply with an Undertaking
· A 16-year-old youth from Central Huron has been charged with Mischief Over $5,000.
The identities of the youths charged cannot be revealed due to the provisions of the Youth Criminal Justice Act.
All accused have now been released from custody and are scheduled to appear at the Ontario Court of Justice in Goderich at a later date.
Investigators believe there may be other victims from this incident and similar incidents and are encouraging anyone with information to contact Huron OPP at 1-888-310-1122.
Should you wish to remain anonymous, you may call Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS (8477) or submit a tip online at www.p3tips.com , where you may be eligible to receive a cash reward of up to $2,000.