(GREY-BRUCE, ON) – On April 16, 2021, members of the Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to several criminal incidents throughout the day.
At approximately 7:30 p.m., the suspect was arrested on Highway 10 near Berkeley. Three OPP cruisers were damaged while stopping the suspect.
Nelson TOSTE, 40-years-old of Brampton has been charged with;
- Robbery (3 counts)
- Assault Causing Bodily Harm (3 counts)
- Dangerous Driving (4 counts)
- Assault (3 counts)
- Possession of a Weapon for a Dangerous Purpose
- Utter Threats to Cause Death or Bodily Harm
- Theft of Motor Vehicle (2 counts)
- Theft Over $5000-Motor Vehicle
- Theft Under $5000
- Fail to Comply with Probation Order (3 counts)
- Fail to Comply with Undertaking
- Drive While Suspended
The accused was held in custody pending a bail hearing in the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound.
The investigation is ongoing.