Huron Perth Public Health sent out an email warning businesses that they must check the ID of anyone claiming to be from HPPH. Video recording of all interactions would also be of huge benefit. Apparently numerous businesses have been visited by segregationists claiming to be from the health department, and demanding they shutdown or alter their business.
Contact tracing is also a thing of the past, as health departments simply can’t keep up and it is a huge burden on businesses. It is a shame businesses were shut down that refused to violate customer’s Rights or have the staff, only to find out it was literally for nothing as the health units would never have used that info anyway.
Warning signs you are being scammed by an unofficial segregation enforcement officer.
- They won’t answer any questions.
- They won’t show ID.
- They may try to hide their fake work “ID” by quickly flashing it and then hiding it.
- They won’t show their vaccine passport.
- They won’t remove their mask for ID purposes.
- They may have an official looking work ID, but they can be purchased online for as little as $5, and should not be considered as an official ID.
- Won’t follow simple rules themselves, such as leaving via marked exists, social distancing, sanitizer etc.
Below is a video of alleged segregation enforcement officers in Wingham, Ontario. There have been serious doubts raised about the authority of those claiming to be from HPPH in the video, due the their actions, rudeness and refusal to show ID.
Feel free to contact HPPH with the information below.