(SAUGEEN FIRST NATION, ON) – On February 16, 2021 at 1:57 a.m., Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to an assault with a weapon that had just occurred at a residence on Mason Drive in the Saugeen First Nation.
An argument had occurred inside the residence involving several parties. The altercation escalated and became physical. One person sustained serious, but non-life-threatening injuries during the assault. After the fight ended, two suspects left the residence.
Officers located both of the involved suspects and they were arrested without further incident.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Karl OSBORNE-SMITH, 21 years-of-age, from Mississauga, with the following offences:
- Assault with a weapon, section 267(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Assault, section 266 CCC
- Uttering threats – to cause death or bodily harm, section 264.1(1)(a) CCC
The accused was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Walkerton on February 16, 2021.
Grey Bruce OPP have also charged Shawna PETONOQUOT, 24 years-of-age, from Hamilton, with the following offences:
- Aggravated assault, section 268 Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose, section 88 CCC
- Two counts of failure to comply with a release order, section 145(5)(a) CCC
The accused was held for a bail hearing at the Ontario Court of Justice in Walkerton on February 17, 2021.