(MEAFORD, ON) – On February 6, 2021 at 1:11 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) responded to a traffic complaint involving a motorist that was stopped in a live lane of traffic on Highway 26, near Concession 8, in the Municipality of Meaford.
This vehicle had just driven over several signs at a shopping mall in the City of Owen Sound and was located stopped on the highway. Officers approached this vehicle and spoke with the driver. The driver was displaying obvious signs of impairment, so they were arrested for impaired driving and they were transported to the Chatsworth OPP detachment. A Drug Recognition Expert completed an evaluation with this driver.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Tanner GOUDY, 23 years-of-age, from Owen Sound, with the following offences:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by drugs, section 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance – Methylenedioxyamphetamine (Ecstasy), section 4(1) Controlled Drugs and Substances Act (CDSA)
- Possession of a Schedule I substance, section 4(1) CDSA
- Possession of a Schedule III substance, section 4(1) CDSA
- Fail to remain, section 200(1)(a) Highway Traffic Act
- Failure to comply with Undertaking, section 145(4)(a) CCC
The accused’s driver’s licence is suspended for 90 days and the vehicle they were operating was towed and impounded for seven days.
The accused must attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on March 18, 2021.