(NORTH PERTH, ON) – The holidays are over, but thieves are still targeting unsecured deliveries.
On January 11 2021, just after 12:00 p.m., a Listowel resident reported to the Perth County Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) that a delivered package had been stolen from the porch of a residence on Main Street West. The value of the stolen package is approximately $200.
The Perth County OPP want to remind all community residents to please contact the police immediately if they observe any suspicious activity.
Tips to Prevent Delivery Thefts:
- Shop local, and use in-store pickup services when possible
- Use “delivery tracking” to time deliveries
- Request a signature upon delivery
- Leave instructions on concealing and securing deliveries
- Have someone else receive your package
- Have packages delivered to where you will be (work, etc.)
- Pick up packages at the delivery service depot
- Customize delivery instructions with the vendor
- Security system can monitor your home for drop-offs
- Be a good neighbour and call police if you see anything suspicious