(GEORGIAN BLUFFS, ON) – On January 6, 2020 at 1:30 a.m. Grey Bruce Ontario Provincial Police (OPP) stopped a motor vehicle for littering on Highway 6, near Concession 6, in the Township of Georgian Bluffs.
OPP officers spoke with the driver, who displayed signs of impairment. The driver was arrested and transported to the Grey Bruce OPP detachment in Chatsworth. A breath test recorded readings over the legal limit of 80 mgs of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood.
There were numerous other driving and document offences.
As a result of this investigation, Grey Bruce OPP have charged Christopher COOK, 34 years-of-age, from Owen Sound with the following offences:
- Operation of a motor vehicle while impaired by alcohol, section 320.14(1)(a) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Operation while impaired with blood alcohol concentration – 80 mgs or more, section 320.14(1)(b) CCC
- Driving motor vehicle with open container of liquor, section 32(1) Liquor Licence Act
- Litter on highway, section 180 Highway Traffic Act (HTA)
- Drive motor vehicle – no licence, section 32(1) HTA
- Use plates not authorized for vehicle, section 12(1)(d) HTA
- Disobey sign, section 182(2) HTA
- Operate a motor vehicle without insurance, section 2(1)(a) Compulsory Automobile Insurance Act
The accused’s driver’s licence is suspended for 90 days and the vehicle they were operating was towed and impounded for seven days.
The accused must attend the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on February 11, 2021.