(SOUTH BRUCE PENINSULA, ON) On March 21, 2021 at 11:28 a.m. Grey Bruce OPP responded to a disturbance on Bruce Road 8, in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
A suspect made threats against another person at a residence and also caused mischief to their property. The suspect left the scene prior to police arrival.
As a result of this investigation, an arrest warrant was issued for James WALKER, 39 years-of-age, from South Bruce Peninsula.
On March 22, 2021 Grey Bruce OPP located the accused in a motor vehicle on Bruce Road 13, in the Town of South Bruce Peninsula.
Grey Bruce OPP have charged WALKER with the following offences:
- Assault a Peace Officer, section 270(1) Criminal Code of Canada (CCC)
- Resist a Peace Officer, section 129(a) CCC
- Uttering threats to cause death or bodily harm, section 264.1(1)(a) CCC
- Six(6) counts of failing to comply with release order, section 145(5)(a) CCC
- Mischief under $5,000., section 430(4) CCC
- Mischief – destroys or damages property, section 430(1(a) CCC
The accused was held for a bail hearing in the Ontario Court of Justice in Owen Sound on March 23, 2021.